Claudia Scholz, Chief Procurement Officer and authorised representative at EWE AG, is a long-standing executive in the IT and energy industries.
Before taking over as Head of Group Purchasing at EWE AG in 2015, she held various management positions in the IT industry e.g. BTC, Microsoft and IBM.
Together with her team, she sets out the main tasks in purchasing, such as:
- Development of the product categories and purchasing strategy as well as assessment of supplier markets and supply chains, taking the Act on Corporate Due Diligence Obligations in Supply Chains (Lieferkettensorgfaltspflichtengesetz, LkSG) into account
- Continuous increase in savings
- Ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory frameworks
She pays particular attention to the
- Control via KPIs
- Introduction of end-to-end processes as well as digitalization in purchasing
- Implementation of cultural change processes
As a top manager, Ms. Scholz stands for credibility, clarity, reliability and fair dealings with each other. Reconciling work and family life is part of her everyday life.
She is involved in various committees and leads the "Purchasing and Logistics" expert committee at the German Association of Energy and Water Industries (BDEW).